Entry 7

I only realized las night how long it had been since I was on a real mission, a black ops mission. It had been way too long. I actually got shot. I might have died. Unlikely, but it could have happened. And standing there with blood and brain matter all over my black clothes, I realized how much I'd missed it.

I'm more alive in the field than I ever am.

I'm only really comfortable in two places, the field and the bed. The bed took a lot longer. I've felt comfortable holding a firearm since I was ten. My father, the General, saw to it that his daughter knew how to defend herself. Coming to terms with who I really am in the bedroom took a lot longer, but I feel like the me in the field and the me in the bed are the same woman now. Perhaps that's unfortunate for my bedmates. On the other hand, it's lucky for my squadmates.

Altsoba Shepherd is a warrior woman. That will not change.

No comments:

Post a Comment